Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Voice


I am a twenty-three year old woman raised in the Bay Area of Northern California. Before I found my path leading me to attending Art Institute of Las Vegas studying Fashion and Retail Management, I was employed at Armani Outlet. I found myself being constantly inspired by the people flown all over the country and internationally from the corporate office. When a woman had been flown in from New York to spice up the store for the upcoming season, I was floored how she took everything already existing in our store, and transformed it. She knew color theory, and spoke terms I did not know. I wanted her job. We talked and I asked her how she got her position as a visual merchandiser. She told me her story, including many years of dedicated to the company, and her thirst to move up the ranks. She left and went to school, and came back to be hired in a better position. She did not have to tell me twice. In two months I relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada in order to pursue an education in the fashion industry. I am now working full time as a Stylist at a startup company called Bungalow Clothing. I am learning buying and selling, checking order confirmations, and styling a select group of women I have come to have a relationship with. I am a full time student as well. I have never been happier with sleeping so little, consistently waking up early, and filling my weekends with homework, photoshoots, and practically no social life. I find life in the new one I have manifested. You have a certain style, I can dress you. Any questions regarding textiles, I can answer it. The degree I am pursuing is to back it up to represent my skills and passion for this ever changing and forever living industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment